Data2-U Privacy and Security Statement
At Data2-U, Inc., we respect every individual's right to privacy. Our relationship with you is our most valuable asset and is the very basis of our name and reputation. We understand the importance you place on the privacy and security of information that identifies you or your account information. We refer to and treat this information as "personal information." We extend the following pledge to you.
The Data2-U Privacy Pledge & Notification
1. We do not sell your information to anyone.
2. We will only share information with others as stated in this pledge, unless we give you additional notice or ask for your permission.
- We do reserve the right to disclose or report your information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required under law, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to perform necessary credit checks or collect or report debts owed to us, or to protect our right of property.
3. Whenever we collect information from you, we will reference this pledge and notification or otherwise explain to you how we intend to use that information.
- We use information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which we originally requested it. For example, we will use the information you give us to process your requests and transactions or to provide you with additional information about products and services. To do so, we may share information with an agent or affiliate.
- We limit the collection and use of information to what is necessary to administer our business and to deliver superior service to you. This may include advising you about our products or services, those of our affiliates, and other opportunities that we believe may interest you. To serve you better, we may combine information you give us on the Web or through other channels.
4. We will protect the confidentiality of any information you share with us.
- When we share information with an agent or affiliate, we protect that information with a strict confidentiality agreement. Companies that we hire to provide support services or act as our agent must conform to our privacy standards.
- Data2-U corporate policies require that employees with access to confidential customer information may not use or disclose the information except for business use. All employees are required to safeguard such information, as specified in their confidentiality agreements with Data2-U.
5. We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect information and make every effort to keep your information accurate and up to date.
- If you identify any error in your information or need to make a change to that information, please contact us and we will promptly update our records.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-630-203-1608.
The Data2-U Members Only Center
The Members Only Center is the area of our Web Site available only to account holders. The Members Only Center provides a private and secure Web environment to access account information and view data. Logging-in to the Members Only Center requires both a personal user ID assigned by your Company Administrator and a password individually selected by each user.
Browsers and Internet Security
Any time you enter our Members Only Center (such as with an account number or password), we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. To support this technology, you need an SSL-capable browser. These browsers will activate SSL automatically whenever you sign on to your Data2- u account. Firewall protection is provided for those customers who have Data2-U link directly into their private network or ERP.
Connectivity: We utilize connections to multiple backbones to ensure that data reaches the end-user in the fastest, most efficient manner possible. We also have peering agreements with local ISPs to allow fast delivery of packets when possible.
BGP4 Routing: Data2-U runs the Border Gate Protocol (BGP4) for best case routing. Our entirely switched, Cisco powered network employs Cisco GSR 12000 class routers running HSRP (N+1 hot failover) to ensure that data can be routed even in the event of a router failure. The BGP4 protocol is a standard that allows for the routing of packets of information sent out from the server network. Each packet of information is evaluated and sent over the best route possible. Because of our redundant network architecture, packets may be sent via alternative routes even if they are being delivered to the same end user. Should one of our providers fail, packets leaving our network are automatically redirected through another route via a different provider.
Our Managed Hosting provides the world-class infrastructure necessary to maintain your dedicated Web servers 24x7. Our data centers have been engineered to avoid any single point of failure in our connectivity, power, or HVAC. And because our data centers are not open to the public, you can rest assured that only a handful of highly trained, level-three technicians will be allowed within close physical proximity of the server.
Physical Security: The data center is physically isolated from everyone but level three technicians. Public access is strictly forbidden. Access to the floor the data center is restricted to those holding passcards. Furthermore, access to the data center itself is restricted by Biometric hand scanners.
Conditioned Power: Power systems in our data center are designed to run uninterrupted even in the unlikely event of a total power outage. All servers are fed with conditioned UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) power that will run for 80 minutes if utility power fails. The UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant with instantaneous failover in case the primary UPS fails. In the event of an extended power outage, an on-site diesel generator can run indefinitely. The generator is regularly tested to ensure that it will continue to function in the event of an emergency.
A Precision Environment: Our data center is meticulously tidy. All air is circulated and filtered every two minutes to remove dust and contaminants. The data center's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant to ensure that even in the event of an entire HVAC system failure, there is a duplicate system on standby to take over. An advanced fire-suppression system is in place to prevent any fire from spreading - in the unlikely event that one could start. All cables to servers and routing equipment are securely tied down, and cable racks suspended from the ceiling provide dual routes for all cables. In the event that all cables on a cable rack are cut or burned, packets of data will automatically be routed to a second set of cables on the other side of the data center.
Data2-U understands the importance of server availability to our customers. We have developed the following levels of service to ensure maximum performance and uptime.
Network Quality: Our network is officially a "Cisco Powered Network" meaning we use only Cisco Systems Network gear. Redundant network components are used to ensure uptime and eliminate any single point of failure. The network is multi-homed through multiple redundant high-speed connections providing fast, reliable connectivity.
Network Uptime: The network will be available 99.9% of the time in a given month (40 minutes downtime per month), excluding scheduled maintenance. Network uptime includes functioning of all network infrastructure including routers, switches and cabling and does not include downtime as a result a cellular, telephone, or Rtu failure.
Data Back-up: Our servers are configured with tape drivers and backed up daily. Tape rotations are performed weekly, with tapes stored in an off-site, fire-safe, secured facility.
Hardware: We operate with dual hard drive in a mirrored configuration (RAID 1). Raid Level 1 means that one drive mirrors the other. In the event that one of the drives fails, the other will immediately continue to serve data. An additional feature of Raid is that, if one drive is overtaxed, the overflow requests will be handled by the second drive. Our Data2-u servers are monitored 24-7 with trained on-site technicians. In the unlikely event of hardware failure, replacement will begin immediately upon identification of the hardware failure.
Your Password and Other Security Issues
Your Data2-U user name and password is your private entry key into your account. Your company Administrator will assign your user name, your will assign your password. You should never share them with anyone and you should change your password periodically. The Administrator can change your user name at any time and you can change your password any time you like after logging in to our Members Only Center.
Our password requirements, which facilitate online account security, are as follows:
Your password must be 4-10 characters long. It also must:
- Include both letters AND numbers.
- Include at least one number BETWEEN the first and last character.
- Contain no symbols (!, %, #, etc.)
If you forget your password, contact your Company Administrator.
After you've finished accessing your Data2-U account, don't forget to log off. This prevents someone else from accessing your account if you leave your computer and your session hasn't "timed out," or automatically shut down.
Security Risk of Using Non-Approved Automated Software Applications
For security reasons and to guard the safety of your data, access to this site is limited to Data2-U capable browsers like Netscape Navigator 4.06 or higher or Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher. Under no circumstances should you use any software, program, application, or any other device to access or log-in to the Data2-U Web site, or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring, or transmitting any content to or from Data2-Us computer systems, Web site, or proprietary software.
Account Registration Data
Potential customers applying online at Data2-U.com for Data2-U information or to participate in the guided tour have the ability to opt out of the application process before completing it. However, we may use the information gathered on the application form during this process to send you further information about Data2-U services and products we believe may be of interest to you.